I became addicted to a bacon brie and grape sandwich whilst on holiday in Cornwall. There was a cliff top cafe near to where we were staying and this was definitely my favourite item on the menu. A real door step, packed full of flavour and a very welcome reward after the 400 foot climb back up from the beach.
The secret to this recipe is really good, tasty bacon and to trim the excess fat before you start to cook it.
Bacon Brie and Grape Sandwich Ingredients
2 slices of whole grain bread
2 rashers of back bacon
lettuce and sliced cucumber to garnish
How to make a bacon brie and grape sandwich
- Gently shallow fry the bacon on both sides
- Meanwhile, very lightly toast the bread until slightly crispy on the surface
- Spread the butter on one side of each slice of bread
- Lay the bacon on the buttered side of one slice then add slices of Brie and top with grapes and lettuce
- Cover with the second slice and serve with lettuce and sliced cucumber on the side
If you really want to make me hungry, snap a quick pic of your bacon brie and grape sandwich on your phone and tweet me @HobSpotTweets – I’ll probably have to go and make one myself then!!!
BTW I’m always looking for great sandwich combos so if you have any suggestions, leave a comment below to tell me your favourites.