Ingredients for Potato Dauphinoise Recipe
3 medium size potatoes, sliced thinly
150ml single cream
2 garlic cloves
½ teaspoon dried thyme
Salt and pepper
30g grated cheese
How to make potato dauphinoise recipe
- Preheat oven to 190°C.
- Arrange thinly sliced potatoes in a shallow one litre ovenproof dish.
- In another bowl, mix single cream, crushed garlic, dried thyme, salt and pepper together.
- Pour cream mixture over sliced potatoes.
- Bake in the oven for 40 minutes.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle grated cheese. Bake for a further 10 minutes.
Potato dauphinoise can be served instead of mash.
For a creamier dish, use double cream.