Ingredients for Rocky Road Recipe
200g milk chocolate
100g dark chocolate
120g golden syrup
175g digestive biscuits
80g dried apricots
100g glace cherries
How to make Rocky Road
- Prepare a square 20cm tin (preferably loose based) by lining it with 2 lengths of cling film in a cross shape. Ensure the cling film lengths allows enough to wrap the Rocky Road later.
- Put the digestive biscuits in a freezer bag and bash into small pieces using a rolling pin. Put the broken digestive biscuits in a large mixing bowl. Slice the dried apricots and halve the cherries. Add the raisins and marshmallows, along with the prepared apricots and cherries, to the broken digestive biscuits in the large mixing bowl. Set aside.
- Break the chocolate into cubes and put it in a heat proof bowl. Add the golden syrup and butter in the same bowl.
- Place this bowl over a sauce pan of gently simmering water, but not touching the water. Stir occassionally until all melted. Remove heatproof bowl from heat.
- Now tip the contents of the large mixing bowl (with broken digestive biscuits, raisins, etc) into the heatproof bowl of melted ingredients and mix well to make Rocky Road.
- Once all combined, pour mixture into the prepared lined tin. Wrap excess cling film over Rocky road and press down to level. Let it cool down and place in the fridge for at least two hours.
- To serve Rocky Road, remove from tin and peel off cling film. Slice into squares or rectangles and sift icing sugar over cut pieces.