Ingredients for Cheesy Garlic Bread Recipe
2 part-baked baguettes
2 garlic cloves, crushed
½ teaspoon dried thyme
80g of cheddar cheese, sliced
How to make Cheesy Garlic Bread
- Put the butter in a bowl and cut in to small cubes. Use a fork to press down and soften.
- Peel and crush 2 garlic cloves. Mix with butter to make garlic butter.
- Add dried thyme to butter mixture and blend together.
- Slice the Cheddar cheese thinly and make little squares of about 2cm each sides.
- Now make slits in the baguettes (about 1.5cm apart) using a bread knife. Do not slice completely through the baguette.
- Then spread a little of the garlic butter mix in each slit of the baguettes. Be careful not to break the baguettes.
- Insert the cheddar cheese slices in each baguette slit.
- Place the baguettes under a medium grill for about 4 minutes, in a lower shelf. Check your cheesy garlic bread each minute to make sure it is not burnt. It is ready when it is only slightly brown at the edges of the slits and the cheese melted.
Cheesy Garlic Bread can be served as a side dish during a barbeque.
Cheesy Garlic Bread is perfect enjoyed dipped in your favourite soup.
I prefer to use freshly crushed garlic as the smell is less intense ( and to some others less unpleasant) than ready packaged crushed garlic to make Cheesy Garlic Bread.
Dried thyme is optional, I find it enhances the flavour and kitchen aroma, ensuring a quick arrival to the dinner table knowing Cheesy Garlic Bread is being served.