Ingredients fo make Pasta Bake Recipe
30-40g plain flour
½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
1 teaspoon wholegrain mustard
500g pre-cooked filled
Salt and pepper to season
Cherry tomatoes, halved
How to cook pasta bake recipe
- Put pre-cooked pasta in an ovenproof dish.
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Melt the butter over a medium heat in a saucepan.
- Add flour to the melted butter and mix throughly to form a paste.
- Pour in the milk and stir until combined. Add nutmeg and wholegrain mustard. Season with a little salt and pepper.
- Keep stirring the milk mixture, still over a medium heat. It will slowly thicken.
- Once thickened to the consisitency of gravy remove from heat and pour over the pasta in the ovenproof dish.
- Arrange cut tomatoes and broccoli over the pasta.
- Bake for 30 minutes and serve.
Variations to make pasta bake recipe
Any pasta shapes can be used. Pasta will have to be cooked according to packet instructions.
Other vegetables can be used eg. sliced courgettes, mushrooms and more to make pasta bake recipe.
Add grated cheddar cheese 10 minutes before the end of cooking time for a richer dish.
If you prefer a meatier dish, replace vegetables with sliced cooked chicken breast, or experiment with other cooked meats.