Kedgeree is great. It’s a bit like a fishy risotto, light, delicate and very tasty. There’s lots of scope to adapt it too: Just substitute the smoked mackerel with a different type of fish.
If you fancy something slightly different that’s very quick and simple to make this is the dish for you.
Karen’s Kedgeree Recipe Ingredients
Smoked mackerel about 200g
2 boiled eggs(roughly chopped)
200g boiled rice in 2 teaspoons turmeric and and pinch of salt
Peas or fine beans(finely chopped)
Sprinkling of paprika
Juice of half a lemon
Salt and pepper to taste
Spring onions(sliced) and fried sliced red onions to garnish
Oil for frying
How to make Karen’s Kedgeree recipe
- Cook rice as per instructions with turmeric and salt to colour and add flavour. Cool and set aside.
- Boil peas and set aside. If using fine beans, slice and fry just to soften and reserve.
- Remove skin from smoked mackerel and tear into small pieces.
- Separate the grains of cooked rice and fry in a nonstick pan. Add peas or fine beans and mix well. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Use medium heat and keep stirring.
- Add torn pieces of smoked mackerel. Sprinkle a little pinch of paprika and lemon juice.
- Add chopped boiled eggs and stir well.
- Serve on to plates and sprinkle with sliced spring onions and fried red onions. Complete with green salad leaves and a wedge of lemon.
Don’t forget to take a quick snap on yor phone once you’ve made it. I love to see your tasty creations. Tweet me @HobSpotTweets or instagram me @HobSpot with your pics. Don’t forget to mention the recipe you used too.