Spicy chicken and vegetables wrapped in a thin bread pancake. Versatile and the combinations are endless. This is a very quick dish to make and packed with lots of Mexican flavouring. If you like fajitas with a little kick, serve with jalopeño peppers.
Ingredients for chicken fajita recipe
6 fajita/tortilla wraps
500g chicken breasts or thighs sliced
1 tablespoon sunflower oil
2 bell peppers (red, yellow, green or orange), sliced
5 button mushrooms, sliced
1 onion, sliced
2 cloves garlic, crushed
2 teaspoons ground cumin
2 teaspoons paprika
1 teaspoon coriander
Salt and pepper
1 teaspoon sugar
How to cook chicken fajita recipe
- Heat oil in a frying pan. Fry the sliced onions to soften slightly.
- Add the chicken and stirfry until nearly cooked.
- Stir in crushed garlic.
- Add the peppers, then the mushrooms.
- Put in the cumin, coriander, paprika salt and pepper and stir in well.
- Taste and add a little more of the spices if needed. Add the teaspoon of sugar.
This is now ready to serve as illustrated.
I have added cheese to the chicken mix before wrapping. Sour cream or salsa can be used instead.
For vegetarian version, add more vegetables. Use sliced carrots, courgettes, tomatoes sweetcorn and lots more. Remember to start the cooking with crispier vegetables first. Example, carrots, peppers then courgettes.
Enjoy wrapping and eating!