Ingredients for Chicken and Apricots recipe
400g boneless chicken breasts or thighs, sliced
175g ready to eat apricots
400g canned chopped tomatoes
1 onion, chopped
2 tablespoons of honey
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon ground coriander
1 cinnamon stick
1 sprig of rosemary
Salt and pepper
How to cook chicken and apricots recipe
- Heat olive oil in a large saucepan.
- Fry the chopped onion until soft.
- Add chicken and stir with the chopped onion.
- Mix in the chopped tomatoes and apricots.
- Stir in the honey, ground cinnamon, ground coriander, salt and pepper.
- Heat through until close to boiling.
- Turn down heat and insert cinnamon stick and rosemary sprig.
- Let it simmer over low heat for about 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Taste the dish, add a pinch more of salt and pepper or half a teaspoon of honey if you like a sweeter dish.
Serve chicken and apricots with rice, cous cous or flat bread.
Chicken and apricots recipe is influenced by Morrocan tagine dishes.
This dish can be made using lamb, just increase simmering time to about 1 hour.