Blackberry cheesecake makes a lovely dessert. It’s simple to make and easy to vary to make your own interpretation by using different fruit.
Don’t forget it needs time to set, preferrably overnight, in the fridge so you’ll need to plan ahead if you’re thinking of making this recipe.
Blackberry Cheesecake Recipe Ingredients
1/2 tsp sunflower oil
200g full fat soft cheese
400g condensed milk
Juice of 2 lemons
150g double cream
10g fresh mint
20-30 blackberries, washed
100g digestive biscuits
40g unsalted butter
How to make blackberry cheesecake…
- Grease your 1.2l loaf tin and line with clingfilm
- Put the soft cheese into a bowl and beat with a hand held whisk until smooth.
- Beat in the condensed milk, lemon juice and double cream.
- Chop the mint and stir into the mixture.
- Pour part of the cream cheese mixture into the loaf tin and top with some of the blackberries. The pour over the remaining cream cheese mixture.
- Crush the digestive biscuits and mix with the melted butter.
- Spoon over the filling and press down lightly until firm.
- Chill in the fridge for at least 4-hours or preferrably overnight to set.
- When set, carefully turn out onto a serving plate and top with the remaining blackberries.
You can easily vary this blackberry cheesecake recipe by using a different fruit. Strawberries and raspberries are great alternatives, as are peach slices. Be creative and try different combos too.