Ingredients for pumpkin pie recipe
350g shortcrust pastry (use ready made shop bought pastry or make your own, see below for recipe)
300g pumpkin puree
80g soft light brown sugar
1 teaspoon mixed ground spice
150ml single cream
How to make pumpkin pie recipe
- To make pumpkin puree, steam pumpkin flesh for about 10-15 minutes until soft. Mash with a potato masher and set aside to cool.
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Roll out pastry and line an 8 inch loose-bottomed flan tin or sponge cake tin.
- Whisk eggs, mixed ground spice and soft light brown sugar in a large bowl until thick.
- Add pumpkin puree and single cream.
- Pour mixture in to the pastry case and bake for 40 minutes.
- Serve with whipped cream, if preferred.
How to make shortcrust pastry
You will need:
175g plain flour
90g chilled butter, cut into cubes
Approximately 2 tablespoons of water
- Put the flour in a large bowl, then add the butter.
- Rub in the butter and flour together until the mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs. Mix in enough water to make a soft pliable dough.
- Form a ball with the dough and wrap with cling film and chill in a refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Roll out the dough with a rolling pin on a lightly floured surface. Line the flan tin with the rolled out dough, ready to add filling.