My grandmother used to make the most fantastic apple and blackberry crumble. Sadly I don’t have her recipe but this one is as close as I’ve managed to get to it.
When you make it, don’t forget to leave a comment and let me know what you think. Better still snap a quick pic on your phone and share with me via facebook, twitter or instagram. I always enjoy seeing your creations.
Apple and Blackberry Crumble Ingredients
500g Bramley apples, peeled, cored and chopped
500g Fresh blackberries, washed
2-3 tbsp granulated sugar
For the crumble topping…
175g plain flour
75g butter, cubed
40g granulated sugar
How to make apple and blackberry crumble
- Preheat oven to 200°C, fan 180°C, gas mark 6.
- Place the apples into a saucepan and add the water. Bring to the boil then cover and simmer gently for 5 minutes.
- Drain the water and add the sugar and blackberries. Mix well then turn into an oven proof dish.
- To make the crumble, sift the flour into a mixing bowl and add the butter. Mix together with your fingers until the mixture resembles breadcrumbs then stir in the granulated sugar.
- Spread evenly over the apples and blackberries and back for 35 minutes or until the crumble is a light golden brown and the apples have cooked through.
Serve with either double cream, custard or vanilla ice cream on the side.
Try different kinds of fruit to make an alternative dish. Pear and plum work well as do peach slices. Don’t be afraid to experiment.
If you have a favourite, leave a comment and let s know. We’d love to hear it 🙂