Everyone loves cupcakes and this recipe for raspberry cupcakes is a great alternative to strawberry or chocolate. My kids and husband both love these. In fact, they don’t last long and if I’m not quick all that’s left is a plate of crumbs.
Raspberry Cupcakes Recipe Ingredients
For the cupcakes…
3 large eggs
250g caster sugar
1 tsp vanilla sugar
250g plain flour
2 tsp baking powder
Finely grated zest and juice of 1 lemon
250g fresh raspberries
For the frosting…
150g icing sugar
200g fresh raspberries plus extra to decorate
200g cream cheese
How to make raspberry cupcakes…
For the raspberry cupcakes…
- preheat your oven to 180°C, fan 160°C, gas mark 4
- Line 16 muffin tins with paper muffin liners
- Beat eggs and sugar together either by hand or using an electric whisk until thick, white and fluffy.
- Melt the butter in a small pan then turn off the heat before adding the milk. Gently fold into the egg mixture.
- In a separate bowl, mix the flour and baking powder together, adding a pinch of salt. Sieve over the egg mixture and fold in with the raspberries, lemon zest and juice.
- Fill each of the muffin cases to 2/3 full and bake for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from oven and place on a cooling rack.
For the raspberry frosting…
- Beat the icing sugar and cream cheese together in a bowl.
- Fold the berries into the mix.
- Spread onto the cupcakes and decorate with fresh raspberries.