75g butter, cut into squares to soften
125g caster sugar
250g white chocolate
2 large eggs, beaten
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
150g self-raising flour
How to make blueberry and white chocolate cake
- Preheat oven to 180°C
- Grease and line (bottom only) an 8 inch square tin.
- Break 175g of the white chocolate into cubes. Put the white chocolate cubes in a heatproof bowl. Place bowl over a saucepan of simmering water, but not have bowl touching water in the saucepan. Remove bowl from heat once white chocolate has melted and cool a little.
- Roughly chop remaining white chocolate and reserve.
- Cream butter and sugar using an electric mixer. Add beaten eggs and vanilla and mix through. Add flour in small amounts until all mixed.
- Now using a wooden spoon, stir through the melted white chocolate.
- Carefully add the blueberries and chopped white chocolate.
- Spoon mixture into the prepared tin and bake for 35 minutes. Test by inserting a cocktail stick, it should come out with a few sticky crumbs.
- Allow to cool, then cut into squares or rectangle slices.
The texture of Blueberry and white chocolate cake is like a brownie, a slightly crunchy top with a soft centre.