Blueberry and Lemon Gluten Free Cake Recipe Ingredients
100g caster sugar
100g ground almonds
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 lemon, for zest and juice
100ml natural yoghurt
How to make blueberry and lemon gluten free cake
- Preheat oven to 180°C (160°C if using fan oven). Grease and line a 1kg loaf tin.
- Cream butter and sugar with an electric mixer until soft and pale.
- Add one egg and about 25g ground almonds, mix, then add the second egg and another 25g ground almond and mix through.
- Next add the cornmeal, lemon juice and zest and mix.
- Then add baking powder, yoghurt and the remaining ground almonds and mix well.
- Stop using electric mixer and stir in the blueberries with a wooden spoon, taking care not to crush the blueberries.
- Pour into the loaf tin and bake for 45 minutes.
As far as I am aware this is a gluten free recipe. If you believe otherwise, send me a postcard and let me know.
Please note this recipe also contains nuts and may not be suitable for people with nut allergies.
PS – If you do make my blueberry and lemon gluten free cake recipe, tweet (@HobSpotTweets)/instagram (@HobSpot) me a pic and let me know or post it on my facebook page to show everyone your handiwork.